Saturday 22 September 2018

Linking New and Old World!

Wow, it's been a long time since I have felt the rush of herby discovery.  I would like to thank Moose, Mushrooms and Mud for lighting the beacon again.  A professional development session that I attended yesterday talked a lot about the local plants and their medicinal uses.  Most of the area is considered boreal forest, and I couldn't help but think to myself "Doesn't Europe have boreal forests?". 

ZING! 

I will be taking the herbs that I learned about yesterday, with their modern usages, and delving into their medieval uses, should they exist.

Lodge pole pine
Birch poly pore
Chaga
Labrador tea
Rose hips
Wild mint
Stinging nettle
Pineapple weed/ Wild Chamomile
Fireweed
Wild Raspberry
Plantain
Devil's Claw
Yarrow
Alder

No comments:

Post a Comment